Gone are those blissful hot Summer days spent holidaying with the family, creating everlasting memories as you drank pina coladas by the pool of some fancy, hoity-toity getaway. Doesn’t sound like your summer? Nor mine, still we can dream and there is plenty more time for us to dream as the seasons roll past. Just think, summer is with us again in just 7 months!
Now, as the leaves begin to fall, the days get shorter and temperatures plummet, we find ourselves in the midst of Autumn, hurtling our way towards another cold, bleak Winter that Melbourne is renowned for. Sounds awful doesn’t it? Not for me though, I’m one of those people who love the seasons that Melbourne has to offer.
What we should do at this time of the year is prepare ourselves for the cooler months and so here I’ve devised for us yet more chores we can add to our endless array of cleaning lists:
- Clean and Maintain Gutters – should be cleaned at least twice a year. The job can be dangerous so it may be wise to call in the gutter cleaning professionals
- Caulk and weather-strip doors and windows
- Store away outdoor furniture
- Sweep and inspect the chimney. Again a task that may be left to the professionals
- Steam clean the carpets if needed
- Clean your PC
- Clean any marks on the walls
- Wash all windows
- Now may be a good time to rotate the mattress
- Clear out your shed